City Colleges of Chicago Baking & Pastry Instructor-Part Time in Chicago, Illinois
- BAKING & PASTRY* INSTRUCTOR-PART TIME*
- WASHBURNE CULINARY ARTS & HOSPITALITY INSTITUTE
- KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
- Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute is one of the oldest culinary schools in the nation and is part Kennedy-King College one of the City Colleges of Chicago. Washburne provides students with the latest culinary and baking techniques, along with essential hands-on experience to ensure they are equipped to work in Chicago’s most successful restaurants, hotels, private clubs and other culinary establishments.
- In Fall 2014, Washburne added a new program, Hospitality Management to support the growth of the food service and hotel industry within the City of Chicago from an operational aspect. Classes focus on restaurant and hotel operations emphasizing a guest centered yet financially responsible approach to management. Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute is one of City Colleges of Chicago’s College to Careers sites, where we are working with industry leaders to ensure our curriculum will provide students with the skills that are most important and valuable in the working world.
- Primary Objective: Provide classroom instruction and demonstration in classroom and kitchen.
* * Provides professional and career advice for students pursuing careers in the food service industry.
* * Create lesson plans, organize materials for class, including ordering food and supplies for lab classes.
* * Maintains office hours, assist students who are having difficulty with studies and upholds college and department policies to create consistency.
* * Grade according to established rubrics and core competencies on a daily basis.
* * Provides regular and useful feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner; evaluates and document student performance using established methods and criteria and files course grades promptly.
* * Working with students and sharing their industry experience with them, building a solid work force for the future.
* * Associate Degree in Culinary Arts (or equivalent) required; Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred. Regardless of degree level earned, 5 years of proven progressive baking and pastry experience in hotel, restaurant and/or bakeshop required.
* * Baking and Pastry degree preferred.
* * Must have strong theoretical and technical baking and pastry skills.
* * American Culinary Federation Certified Chef and/or Certified Culinary Educator Credentials preferred.
* * Must be self-directed, innovative and maintain exceptional organizational skills.
* * Excellent verbal and written skills required with the ability to communicate persuasively with tact and diplomacy.
* * Strong proficiency in the following Microsoft Office Products required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* * Working knowledge of Blackboard preferred.
- For consideration:
- All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents together in MS Word or PDF format:
* * A copy of your resume or curriculum vitae
* * Official transcripts must be provided at time of interview
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Thank you for your interest in CCC!* *
Primary Location: Washburne Culinary Institute
Job Posting: Mar 12, 2018, 11:31:12 AM
Req ID: WAS0000146
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: N/A