UBS Financial Services IT Support Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Do you have a knack for technology, always interested in improving existing processes? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you passionate about IT process automation using cutting edge tooling platforms? Supported large scale production systems? We’re looking for someone with such experience that to help us:
− Provide front-line technical support to end users on a variety of technical issues.
− Support and monitor various business/IT applications, batch jobs and infrastructure components as part of an application support team providing coverage from multiple regions.
− Analyze recurring failures and events as part of Continuous Service Improvement and eliminate top demands
− Managing knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository.
− Coordinate with internal and/or external teams to conduct and manage special events such as disaster recovery tests, infrastructure change weekends, data Centre maintenance, and special event days.
− Convert manual tasks/intervention/operations into automation requirements/specifications.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Business Application Support (BAS) IT team in Chicago. We are aligned to the Asset Management business and are responsible for providing application support in a 24x7 follow-the-sun mode utilizing hubs in both Pune and Chicago. Our responsibilities cover all of the business applications from front to back office and offers a wide variety and excellent learning opportunities.
Your experience and skills:
Your experience and skills
– Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
– Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities
– Knowledge of ITIL incident and problem management
– Strong customer focus & communication skills
– Self-driven yet collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– Someone who challenges the norm and drives the team forward
– A confident communicator who is able explain technology to non-technical audiences
– Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
– Broadly experienced in a range of technical skills
– Familiar with multiple operating systems and common support tools
– Preferably ITIL certified to Foundation Level
– Working knowledge:
• SQL scripting
• Unix (AIX, Linux)
• Relational databases (Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL)
Knowledge of some of the following would be helpful
– WebSphere, J2EE, MQ, & Tomcat
– Basic PowerShell & Shell-Scripting knowledge
– Autosys or another enterprise scheduling tools
– Informatica or another enterprise ETL
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169098BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Support Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Illinois
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)