Huron Consulting Group Payroll Assistant in Chicago, Illinois
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
Let’s get to work - together.
The Payroll Assistant will coordinate and process payroll functions for 1 of Huron's practices consisting about 150 employees on a semi-monthly pay frequency. The Assistant will report to and assist the Payroll Manager and may serve as a payroll back-up for processing other companies, as needed. In addition, other payroll administrative duties and projects may be assigned.
• 1-2 years of payroll processing experience.
• Multi-state and multi-jurisdictional taxation experience and related understanding of federal and state and local tax regulations.
• Competencies include adaptability, initiating action, planning and organizing, professional communication skills, attention to detail and customer (employee) focus.
• Ability to work with and preserve confidential information.
• Strong customer service skills and proven success in building strategic relationships.
• Basic accounting principles pertaining to maintenance of general ledger accounts and reconciliations.
• Basic understanding of HR principles and various benefit programs (insurance plans, 401K and deferred compensation plans).
• Understand how various compensation types affect the form W2.
• Must be reliable, dependable and able to adapt in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Must have payroll software processing experience, UltiPro preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite of products.
• Some coursework in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
The Company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, education and all other terms of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, Vietnam era of veteran status, physical or mental disability, creed, citizen status or any other status protected by federal, state of local law. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Job ID: 3958
Category: Corporate - Finance/Accounting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary