Serco Site Inspector / Civil Engineer II (PT/OC) - FEMA in Chicago, Illinois
Site Inspector / Civil Engineer II (PT/OC) - FEMA Reston, VA, US
Job Description Conduct site inspections for sites with minor damage (e.g., minor damage to roads, non-structural building damage, etc.) to validate infrastructure damage and record detailed damage descriptions during the inspection. Specific tasks include the following:
• Communicate and coordinate with other PA staff involved in the PA Program delivery process for Applicants.
• Perform accurate quantification and detailed description of disaster related damage, including debris.
• Take representative photographs that depict damage claims.
• Complete sketches of sites to supplement photographs and capture profile and cross sectional perspectives.
• Write a detailed damage description.
• Obtain the Applicant representative’s agreement that all disaster-related damage was described and quantified correctly
• Deliver the completed site inspection information to the Site Inspection Task Force Leader and Program Delivery Manager in a timely manner
• Develop scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements.
Provide technical advice and expertise when aspects of the work become problematic. Coordinate and provide advice and review in the analysis, evaluation, conduct of feasibility studies, cost estimates, and resolution of complex technical problems associated with the plan, design, and development of advanced engineering systems and equipment that support construction projects.
This is a Part-Time On-Call position.
Required Skills Ability to successfully pass a background investigation to obtain the required FEMA clearance.
Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience in field of expertise and management experience or 10 years of experience in field.
Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
This position supports a U.S. Government contract whose terms require that applicants possess U.S. Citizenship.
Employment Type Part time
Job ID 52453647
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Program Management & Acquisition Support
Department Our services in the Defense business unit support all branches of the U.S. military and the intelligence community. Our teams provide a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems. We also provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement. And for the Intel community we have over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology.
- Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-628-6458 or 703-939-6006. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.1818 Library Street, Suite 1000, Reston VA 20190