BWAY Corporation Production Line Mechanic in Sturtevant, Wisconsin
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
Pay based on skill/experience, with minimum starting rate of $20/hour.
Plant operations are 24/7 with a continuous 12-hour shift schedule. Must be flexible to work day shift (5:50am-6pm) or night shift (5:50pm-6am).
The production line mechanic will be responsible for all production on an aerosol can assembly line, including product quality control, line maintenance, and repair of line machinery and equipment. This role involves applying mechanical expertise in determining work methods and procedures for producing quality product.
- Maintaining tools and machinery in good working order
- Completing preventive maintenance requirements as scheduled
- Troubleshooting sources of problems by observing mechanical equipment in operation
- Replacing defective parts and adjusting equipment
- Controlling downtime by performing routine maintenance and instructing workers on the proper operation of equipment
- Using machine shop instrumentation and equipment to repair parts
- Maintaining equipment parts and supplies inventories
- Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Complete all required quality control checks
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required
- Three to five years of experience working in a manufacturing environment operating and maintaining equipment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of the various types of equipment
- Exposure/experience to manufacturing.
- Understands quality, PPE requirements and safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Job Type: Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 3/12/2018